NY

my "period" came very light at first, then got heavier. it lasted the normal five days, but i still have pain in my back and lower abdomen. why could it be?

Dr. Chevies Newman
Bladder: Must consider bladder first, it's right there and very common source of pain, don't always have to be voiding a lot either. Good luck.
Dr. Frederica Lofquist
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Make an appointment : It is important to make sure that you are not pregnant, and that you do not have an infection since you have continued pain. Sometimes a cyst on the ovary can also cause these type of symptoms. Without being seen, it is impossible to be sure what is going on.
Dr. David Adler
Probably normal: "periods" may vary from time to time, so what you describe is probably normal. If your pain doesn't subside, or if your bleeding patterns continue to be abnormal for you, then you should contact your gynecologist.

Last updated May 29, 2016