Coward, SC

What is a colonoscopy where can i have one done for free?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine 34 years experience
See below: A colonoscopy is a procedure that involves putting a flexible scope about as thick as your finger up through your anus and into your colon. This way your entire colon can be seen to check for polyps, cancer, or other problems. It works. A good source to learn about all adult screening recommendations is an iphone app called my health checklist 2012. I don't know where you could get the test free.
Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Gastroenterology 28 years experience
Colonoscopy: Colonoscopy is a procedure that enables your physician to examine the lining of the colon (large bowel) for abnormalities by inserting a flexible tube with a miniature camera at the end. The tube is about the thickness of your finger into the anus and advancing it slowly into the rectum and colon. Free colonoscopies are offered in new york city and there is a cancer number to call.

Last updated May 16, 2016