Bridgewater, NJ

56 year old (arthritis, lichen sclerosis, yeast) normal blood work except sed rate (42) and alk phos (121) vitamin d 23.9. what are the implications?

Dr. EVAN Leibowitz
Rheumatology 25 years experience
Nothing specific: I don't know what type of arthritis that you have. I cannot think of any link between arthritis, lichen sclerosis, and yeast. The lab abnormalities are borderline and non-specific. A rheumatologist would talk to you more and help sort all of this out.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Can't be sure.: Blood work without context can be very misleading. Your doc should be able to explain why they drew these tests and what they think of the results. I might be concerned about the alk phos or ESR if you had a lot of symptoms, but if you are feeling well I am not much concerned. I would suggest that you take 1000 iu vit d each day.