If my dad's mom had breast cancer. am i also at risk of getting breast cancer?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
You likely: Have some risk, but if you developed breast cancer we would ask this question, but it woould be more plausible if your grandmother, her sisters or daughters, or other relatives also had it, and if these were cancers developing before 40 as opposed to in 60's and 70's. Your risk is slightly higher, but not high enough to worry or seek genetic testing.
Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology 22 years experience
Slight increase: If you are female without any other risk factors on average one in seven women will get breast cancer at some point in their lives, thus all women are at risk. While many do not think about it men can develop breast cancer as well but muh less frequently. Typically men have a family history or predisposed risk who end up developing breast cancer. First and second degree relatives increase risk.