i have avg pulse rt of 93.i am adhd but wen i take my vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) my pulse rate is over 106 should i worry?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
Not necessarily: Stimulant medications constrict blood vessels & add ~ 5-6 points to pulse & blood pressure. That's why we ask the same questions as for a sports physical about personal & family history of irregular heart rates/ heart problems, check blood pressure & pulse prior to starting them & at follow-up visits. Otc meds like sudafed increase them more. If it's a new effect for you, see your dr.To check.
Dr. Stephen Guffanti
Occupational Medicine 45 years experience
ADHD and heart issue: Yes, you average pulse rate is high for an 18 year old. 106 is a disease is tachycardic. Cut back on your vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and start more cardiovascular exercise.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali commented
I disagree. Please talk to your prescribing doctor before u make any changes to your medication.
Apr 15, 2013