how can i get my baby to go to sleep in a crib?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Pamela Lindor
31 years experience Pediatrics
Put him in Awake: Make sure that when you put your baby down for nap, for sleep, or just for a "rest" that he/she remembers being put down in the crib. This means you can change, feed, rock, sooth the baby until he/she is drowsy and starting to nod off, but that he/she has to remember being put in the crib and falling asleep on his/her own. This is key to getting a good night's sleep!
Answered on Oct 28, 2013
1
32 years experience Pediatrics
Calm bedtime routine: From birth to about 15-18 months, a baby can be taught to sleep in a crib. After 15-18 months, some babies can climb out of a crib. From the beginning, parents should keep a consistent, unexciting bedtime routine, so their baby gets sleepy instead of stimulated. After putting the baby down to sleep, parents should stay where the baby cannot see them, if their baby is a hard-to-fall-asleep baby.
Answered on Oct 28, 2013
1