i think i have an std. i have only had one partner, my girlfriend of 3 years and she has only been with me. it appears to be a herpes outbreak on my face but i have no other symptoms. this possible?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Osbert Fernandez
23 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Herpes: You will probably need to see a physician to determine what you have. To come to a diagnosis you need the history which you provided but you also need to see the lesion ( the exam ).
Answered on Oct 30, 2016
1
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
56 years experience Dermatology
Why STD?: Herpes on the face is present in most adults. Most of them don't know it & have no symptoms. Most common triggers are sun exposure & fevers. Your dr can give you a pill if it is a problem. The creams are a waste of $.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013