The Colony, TX

I had my gallbladder removed in 2008 and surgical clips placed in. on recent ct and xray radiologist that the post chlocestectomy surgical clups were located in my pelvis just adjacent to uterus. is this wrre they are supposed to be?

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
Not typically: Sometimes laparoscopic clips can fall off during surgery and loose ones become located away from the gallbladder site. Are there clips in the gallbladder area too? Have you had other pelvic or appendix surgery that could account for the radiology findings? The clips are inert anyway & will not cause problems.
Dr. Anthony Filly
Radiology 26 years experience
No: The clips should technically not be there but they can migrate or even be dropped during surgery. This is not that uncommon and they don't typically cause a problem.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016