how do i baby proof my house to protect my crawling baby?

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Crawl!: Hit your hands and knees and look from the floor! infants have a view that you can't appreciate from 5+/- feet up. Get down on your hands and knees and crawl around. Look for sharp and rough areas. Look for what they could pull down or what they could bonk their noggins on. Look for electric - anything electric. Look for ways they can find trouble - 'cause guaranteed they will!
Crawl to look around: Before a baby crawls at home, a parent can crawl around to look for baby hazards or chokable items. Be sure there are no sharp points under the furniture that can poke a baby. Be sure things that hang down (such as wires, drapery cords, tablecloths, etc.) are all secured up high. Vacuum often.
Dr. Holly Maes
Be a baby: To protect a crawling baby, you must pretend you are one. Get down on your hands, knees and butt and take a good look at what you see. Any outlet, cord, door, drawer or tiny little opening is inviting to an exploring child. Then make sure those things you see don't have danger - put electrical plug covers on, lock doors and drawers or move stuff out of them you don't want baby to have.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
Baby " walkers" put infants in more danger of reaching cords of hot appliances (and don't help in walking). Turn pot handles inwards.
Oct 15, 2012
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Oct 15, 2012
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Crawl around : By crawling around yourself, you can see what your baby sees and see what she may get into and thus remove the hazards.