U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lake Oswego, OR
A 22-year-old male asked:

I think i have in infected knee scrape, what should i do?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Internal Medicine 33 years experience
Skin infection: Soap and water with hydrogen peroxide three times daily followed by neosporin. Good start if redness worsens will need to see physician.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
Have it evaluated.: If you feel that it is infected have it evaluated by a professional as you may need antibiotics.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.