MA

my childs skin peeling around nose, eyes, mouth is there a connection to gut?

Dr. Bryan Levey
Possibly: Skin problems can be from a variety of causes. He could have eczema, and he could be reacting to foods or to food additives. A good probiotic supplement can help to stregthen the barrier that the intestines are supposed to provide, and has been shown, when given on a daily basis, to improve the symptoms of eczema. Probiotic supplements are extremely safe and widely available.
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Possibly: Certain conditions of the gut can be related to skin disease or cause dietary deficiencies which can cause skin disease. See a regular doctor for further evaluation. Consider starting a vitamin supplement and eating a balanced diet in the meantime.