can u have reccurence thyroid cancer with no thyroglubin?

Dr. Rupesh Parikh
Medical Oncology 26 years experience
Yes: Yes but not likely. But if the path of the cancer is something other than papillary then it is more likely. Rec i131 thyrogen scan to eval for recurrent disease.
Dr. Steve Martinez
Breast Surgery 28 years experience
Yes: There are different kinds of thyroid cancer, and some of them don't produce thyroglobulin. Additionally, for the kinds of thyroid cancer that do produce thyroglobulin, your body can produce anti-thyroglobulin antibodies that block the detection of thyroglobulin. A thyroid scan and/or ultrasound can help make the diagnosis of recurrence.