Prosperity, SC

i registered 9wks 6days at my very first u/s (6/25/12) which was after 6wks of pregnancy. is that right, stating after the 6thwk, fetus doubles size?

Dr. SAMANTHA LOUISE FEE
How pregnant am I?: Typically we find out we are pregnant once we have missed a period and you have calculated your dates from there. From a medical point of view, however, weeks of pregnancy are measured from the first day of your LAST menstrual period ie 4 weeks before the missed period. This explains the nearly 4 week difference between your estimated dates and the sonar measurement.