India

I just had a routine health check up and my test results showed occult blood and pus and the report said that the odor and color was normal please help?

Dr. Juan Merayo-Rodriguez
Pathology 23 years experience
Could be normal: If this is a urine test and you had your menstruation recently, this may be contamination during collection of sample, nothing to worry about. Repeat test if your doctor recommends in a time away of your bleeding period.
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Go back to your doc: Where is this occult blood and pus? Urine? Stool? Wherever it is, it sounds like this is something that you need to follow up on. Blood and pus are not normal, even if the odor and color are normal. If it's urine, it's possible to have blood and white blood cells in it if you were on your period.

Last updated May 9, 2018