38/f h/o subarachnoid hemorrhage 6 m back, suffer daily headaches. safe to get pregnant? nullipara.

2 doctor answers
Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
Depends: Depends on what caused it, how big was it, and how was it treated. Daily headaches sound like not fully healed, and pregnancy is a high volume state, so i would wait til headaches resolved then reassess stability.
Answered on Dec 20, 2012
1
Dr. David Finke
15 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Probably not: I would recommend you meet with a high-risk maternal fetal medicine specialist to discuss the risks of getting pregnant at all, let alone within 6 months after this incident. It isn't impossible or necessarily unsafe to get pregnant, but the goal is to discuss the challenges that will be involved with a pregnancy. I agree that it is very important to try and find the cause of the hemorrhage.
Answered on Jul 26, 2014
1
2
Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke commented
Provided original answer
I hear you, hang in there!!!
Oct 12, 2011