Forest Hills, NY

my boyfriend's upper eyelid was swollen 3 weeks ago, maybe contact lense irritation or something. now it's almost gone, but at the end of the upper eyelid is still swollen. will it go away by itself? what can he do? thanks.

Dr. Amin Ashrafzadeh
Ophthalmology 24 years experience
Please See EyeMD: Eyelid issues in the setting of contact lens use is a very bad mix that can lead to devastating consequences. I am glad things are getting better, but you need to see an ophthalmologist to figure out why did the eyelid swell in the first place! if it was contact lens irritation, maybe it need to be refitted! please see an ophthalmologist.