will taking up ambrose golf help me improve my coordination?

Dr. Richard Zimon
Sure will: Golf in any form is a game of coordination!!!! Enjoy and Good Luck Dr Z

How long should you wait after having a discectomy until you can begin to play golf again?

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery 40 years experience
Depends: In general people can resume most activities almost immediately. I usually tell people to limit heavy lifting, bending, twisting for about a month to let the soft tissues (skin, muscle) heal. Ask your surgeon for specific restrictions; if there was a large hole in the outer disk, more time for healing may be needed.

Playing golf for first time when retire--smart or dumb if bad right shoulder?

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Luanswered
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
Smart!: Anything to get you active is extremely smart to do. As far as the actual golf swing, do not be concerned. The majority of the golf swing involves leg, hip, and trunk rotation, followed by turning over at the forearm and wrist. Very little of the swing involves the shoulders. It doesn't mean that that shoulder is unnecessary, but it means that you can often get by with an impaired shoulder!

How can I play golf without aggrevating the carpel tunnel problem in my wrists?

Dr. Steven Saunders
Not easy!: Carpal tunnel syndrome involves pressure on the median nerve resulting from repetetive us of the wrist joint flexion and extension. Golfing will always aggravate this. There are cock wrist splints which may help reduce further injury. Often surgery is the only solution and playing less golf...Sorry!
Canada

If an MRI reveals an oblique tear through disc proper of triangular fibrocartilage, will playing tennis/ golf do further damage?

Dr. Daniel Mass
Hand Surgery 46 years experience
Yes over time: If you are under 40 the tear is probably from repetitive trauma and will get worse over time with activities that cause ulnar deviation (towards the little finger). If older the tear is probably degenerative and may or may not get worse with use.
Aurora, CO

My MS causes me with any sudden movement to loose my balance and coordination . What can I do to keep this from happening?

Dr. David Lemme
Balance exercises: I presume that you are already on medication for your ms and that you continue to have symptoms. I addition, to help with balance, doing daily balance exercises, such as standing on one leg for several minutes, will help you to develop better balance despite your disability.