PA

how can i extend the life of a cpap machine? they are so expensive... i don't want to have to buy a new one too soon.

Dr. Christopher Wilson
Sleep Medicine 21 years experience
Be good to it: I tell my patients to follow the directions as far as care and cleaning and i recommend distilled water. Some of the machines end up being lemons and a good dme company will honor this.
Dr. Sanjay Agarwal
Pulmonology 26 years experience
Care for investment: Regular care as advised by the dme will help extend life of the CPAP device. It is afterall a 'blower', that too a smart one with a lot of electronic algorithms and is apt to wear and tear just like any machine.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Instructions: Follow manufacturer instructions faithfully.