A 34-year-old female asked:
i am very afraid..i know that i am exposed to mold spores through the air ducts in my home. can my symptoms be reversed or is damage already done?
2 doctor answers • 2 doctors weighed in
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Mold: There are mold almost all over the place. Most of them cannot cause any harm to human. Some might cause kind of allergic reaction, rarely cause infection that can get serious in somebody with compromised immune system.
Please clarify what are your symptoms.
Infectious Disease 47 years experience
More information: Mold spores can cause asthma type symptoms in some people who have underlying allergies most people who are exposed to molds have no illness or symptoms after mold exposure. I.
Last updated Mar 22, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$15 per month
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.