i'm having acth stim test. i am told i can take my 4mg prednisone at 6 am the day before test (>24 hrs) won't this still affect my test the next day ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
The start: Of the test is an injection of the Cortrosyn with a baseline cortisol. If you can increase the cortisol in 30 and 60 minutes then your own production. The Prednisone will not impede the test interpretation.
Answered on Dec 23, 2014
2
Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
The start: Of the test is an injection of the Cortrosyn with a baseline cortisol. If you can increase the cortisol in 30 and 60 minutes then your own production is adequate. The Prednisone will not impede the test interpretation.
Answered on Dec 23, 2014
2