i have runner's knee, what exercises can i do to strengthen my knee?

Dr. Maritza Baez
Exercise: Warm up on a stationary bike for about 5 minutes. All of these you want to do on both sides for symmetry. Stand on 1 leg for 30 seconds then switch to the other leg. Step up and down 10 times on something about 3 inches off the floor - a phone book would work. Switch. Then do the steps sideways. 3 times a week. Each week make the step higher. Also google runner's knee exercises.
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Treatment options: My suggestions to patients with patella tendonitis consist of rice, anti-inflammatories (oral/ topical), quad stregthening, lower extremity stretching. I also may suggest ice massage, or counterforce bracing. If the above list does not help then you may want to consider discussing prp with your physician based on some recent literature (http://drmarkgalland.Com/category/knee/).