i have been diagnosed with lyme disease over 17 years ago, - recently had dental work done and have had jaw and tooth pain since?any thoughts.

4 doctor answers
Dr. Larry Lutwick
48 years experience Infectious Disease
From my perspective,: Likely unrelated to the lyme borelliosis.
Answered on Dec 5, 2012
Dr. Victor Zeines
50 years experience Dentistry
Yes : I'm assuming you have gotten rid of the lyme...I suspect your pain is more related to your recent dental treatment..What was done? You should talk to your dentist.
Answered on Dec 6, 2012
Dr. John Van der Werff
38 years experience Dentistry
See your dentist.: Pain after a few days of dental care is not normal... I would suggest going back to your dentist.
Answered on Mar 21, 2015
Dr. James Beck
10 years experience Dentistry
Not related: I doubt there is any correlation between your lyme disease and dental pain. It is normal to have some sensitivity and some mild irritation to the gingiva after dental work. It's hard to say what is normal for you since i don't know what dental work you had done. If symptoms don't subside, go back to the dentist to see what might be wrong.
Answered on Dec 30, 2012