how long will i be in the hospital after my baby is born.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Danielle Salhany
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Typically 48 hrs: A typical stay for an uncomplicated vaginal delivery is 48 hours. Patients who deliver by cesarean, will usually be discharged after 72 hours.
Answered on Dec 5, 2014
1
Dr. Timothy Brown
43 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
One to three days: By ny state law, women are allowed 48 hours after a vaginal delivery and 96 hours after a cesarean section. In practice this women delivering vaginally will stay at least 24 hours and usually go home the third day after a cesarean.
Answered on Sep 22, 2011
Dr. Edmond Pack
23 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
1-4 days: In the event of an uncomplicated vaginal delivery you would likely be in the hospital for 1-2 days. If you deliver by cesarean your stay is typically 2-4 days. The factors involved include not only recovery for the mom, but also whether or not the baby needs to be kept in the hospital for any reason.
Answered on Sep 28, 2012
4