is it normal for an 11-month old's first teeth to be in the front?

Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greeneanswered
Yes: One baby tooth at the beginning is usually both normal and cute. Here's a typical schedule for baby teeth to come in: http://www.Drgreene.Com/qa/baby-teeth.
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry 12 years experience
Yes: 11 months is a little late for teething to start but not a prob at all and almost always the front lower teeth come in first. I have only seen front teeth come in first. Just so you know as well, you should take your child to the dentist when they are 1.
Dr. Hoang Truong
Cosmetic Dentistry 15 years experience
Yes: It is typical for the two bottom ones to come in first, followed by the ones on top. Keep in mind however that all babies are different. If you are concerned visit the dentist.