i have small white spots on my top lip u can see it better if you pull the lip tight ..what are these , ?

Dr. Powlin Manuel
Allergy and Immunology 51 years experience
Vitiligo or fungal?: White spots are due to an absence of the skin pigment, melanin which maintains the dark pigment of normal skins. The most common cause of loss of color is atopic dermatitis. The other causes could include fungus eating away the pigments (tinea). The rare cause of white spot is what is called vitiligo in which case our own immune system destroys the pigment producing operations of the skin.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 18 years experience
Great answer. I agree 100%
Dec 4, 2012