the bottom left side of my neck and the top of my shoulder hurts when i swallow and it doesn't ease it by turning my head or massaging it. what is it?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Heidar Jahromi
55 years experience Neurology
See a doctor: More dtailed hisrory and examination is needed . I recommend that you see a GI specialist for an esophagoscopy , if no explanation he/she may direct you to a neurologist.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
2
Dr. Vivek Agrawal
30 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Esophogus?: Your description that it hurts when you swallow is concerning for something that is near your esophogus (swallowing tube) or something that involves your esophogus. I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.
Answered on Dec 10, 2016
1
2
Dr. Heidar Jahromi
55 years experience Neurology
A gasteroenterologist
Feb 1, 2013