I just had my kidney removed due to cancer in the ureter! do you agree that 2000mg salt and 70gms protein/day is a good level?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Sounds fairly good: I am so sorry to hear of your trouble; losing an organ to disease/cancer is not easy. Anyhow, generally it is recommended to keep sodium intake to 2500mg or less--you are doing that. For an average person, about 50gm of protien is good, a bit higher for men. Having one healthy kidney is adequate for a healthy life, if all else is good as well. Consult doc. Good luck.

Last updated Oct 24, 2017