how can i stop my swollen gums from bleeding?

Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lalanswered
Dental hygine: Proper brushing and flossing, of infection is present see your dentist.
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry 12 years experience
Clean It out: When you cut your hand you leave it alone...It heals. When your gums bleed it is because of debris and inflamation and will not go away if you leave it alone. You much brush and floss the area even if it is a bit uncomfortable. It will feel better after you have been doing that for a few days. Most importantly see your dentist for a cleaning and check up.
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
See your dentist: Swollen, bleeding gums are a sign of gum disease. That is sufficient reason for you to make an appointment to see your dentist, undergo a complete evaluation and get a diagnosis. Than you can set about to solve your bleeding and swollen gum problem! Don't delay, your teeth and health hang in the balance!
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Gingivitis is a prognostic indicator for longevity, So, please see your dentist and get this addressed quickly!
Jul 13, 2014
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See a dentist: Bleeding and swollen gums can be a sign that you already have, gum disease. The bacteria and other particles, constantly form a sticky, colorless toxic “plaque” on teeth causing the gums to become inflamed and to easily bleed. This is a serious problem, which should be checked professionally by a dentist. The good news is that this condition is curable. Call your dentist today!