can you qualify for permanent disability with lupus?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
If it is bad enough: If the lupus is bad enough to cause organ damage it is possible you could qualify for disability. Ask your physician if you should pursue this. His records will be requested by the disability board and a lot of weight given to them.
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 35 years experience
Depemds: Disability is a legal determination that you cannot earn money and qualify (by working sufficient years or "quarters") for cash benefits. At your age you wold also need a determination that you are unable to train for a more friendly job for the treatment of your chronic health condition. If treatment is not complete, or you have worked in the past 12 months, you will be ineligible.
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
There is a difference on impairment vs disability. Many of my patients with lupus work full time. Lupus is not a reason by itself to stop working or be unable to work. It depends on the specifics of your problems.
Jan 7, 2013