U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

I injured my ankle five years ago, and have gone to physio ever since but nothing has worked. a doctor recently suggested surgery. what should i do?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
What kind of surgery: I have to know what kind of surgery and the reason for it to be able to advise.
Dr. Francisco Oliva
Podiatry 35 years experience
Mri: Mri will better evaluate any damage to the ankle. Surgery may be needed and could be done arthroscopic.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 31, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.