i have sore on back of scalp that i think started as ingrown hair. i picked at it and now its swollen an very sore. what can help it. thanks?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
43 years experience Dermatology
Warm soaks: Apply warm-water soaks 2-3 times a day, and it should resolve if you don't pick at it any more. If it doesn't, you'll have to see your doctor or a dermatologist to have it drained, and if necessary, get a prescription for an antibiotic. And let that be a lesson! as i tell my patients all the time, your skin is not on strike, you don't have to pick it. (get it? :-)).
Answered on Nov 29, 2012
1