what is the definition or description of: ulceration?

Pathology 44 years experience
Ulcer: Exact synonym so far as this pathologist is concerned. An ulcer is a lesion on a body surface (outer or inner) in which the epithelium and at least some of the underlying connective tissue has been lost specifically to necrosis (cell death) rather than just mechanical or chemical injury. All ulcer craters are covered with fibrin.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Ulceration: An ulcer is a discontinuity or a break in a bodily membrane that impedes the organ of which that membrane is a part from continuing its normal functions. Ulcers are further classified by their location, for example; skin, mouth, stomach, etc.