My boyfriends catheter just came out. he is scheduled to have it removed on monday. what should we do? it is not bleeding, i cleaned the area and put a bandage on it. it does have a small amount of seeping.

Dr. Mathew Sorensen
Urology 23 years experience
There : There is not enough information for us to be able to answer this question. Could you please clarify where the catheter was going and what it was draining. I assume it is draining urine, and is likely in the bladder but clarifying whether this catheter went in through the penis or the abdomen would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful to know why the catheter was placed. Is the catheter new or chronic, temporary or permanent, did he recently have surgery, did he have difficulty urinating? Sorry, wish we could be more help.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016