while having sex with my boyfriend the condom broke, i am on lutera birth control and i took plan b one step to be safe . the condom broke ( however he was not all the way inside me and came mostly on the outside of my vagina) i an on lutera birth control

2 doctor answers
Dr. Joy Jackson
You : You have done everything you can do at this point. You will have to wait for your period. However remember to take the pill around the same time each day. If you have difficulty remembering to take the pill, consider another form of birth control like the ring or the patch. Discuss these options with your doctor. Good luck.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
24 years experience Psychiatry
Birth control: If your are consistently using Lutera that will be protective against pregnancy (up to 99%). Plan B One-Step can reduce your risk of pregnancy by up to 95% if used within 24 hours of sex. If taken within 72 hours it can reduce risk of pregnancy by up to 89%. The risk of pregnancy is very low with this scenario.
Answered on Oct 20, 2018