how to get rid of a stye on my eyelid when ever i blink it hurt will i loose my sight if it don't go away in within a week

A : A stye is a red, tender bump that can develop a yellow spot in the middle, on the eyelid or right where the eyelash meets the skin. It is caused by an infection in the oil glands of the eyelid. Warm compresses allows blood vessels to dilate and clean the area. The following is a method that some of the ophthalmologists on avvo.Com have recommended. Microwave a clean potato with the skin on for four minutes. Wet a wash cloth or small towel with warm or hot water. Squeeze out the excess water and wrap it around the potato. Apply this to the eye lid until it cools down (about 15minutes).This can be repeated intermittently. If you have visual changes you need to see an opthamologist. By, the way, i can't tell why you have "eye lift" tagged. Normally a stye would not cause blindness.
Dr. Theodore Leng
Ophthalmology 16 years experience
Warm : Warm compresses are the name of the game. The more times you can do it in a day, the faster the stye will go away. Take a warm washcloth, soak in warm-hot water (but not so hot that it will burn you), then put it on your closed eyelid for 10 min. Do this at least 2 times per day, and more if possible. This will help the stye resolve. Rarely, the eyelid itself may become infected and red with cellulitis. If that happens, you may need oral antibiotics. Follow up with an ophthalmologist is recommended so they can monitor for this.
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kimanswered
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
Stye : Stye is a clogged meibomian gland, if it is tender, it is infected. The best cure is e warm compress as dr. Fowler have described. They potato acts as a heat sink and keeps the towel warm for a long duration. I recommend one hour of warm compress each day until its fully resolved.