is it appropriate to talk to your dentist about an upcoming procedure especially if i am a new patient? i went in for an exam with a dentist that is new to me. i have not been in to see a dentist for four years. due to putting this off, i have to have

3 doctor answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
40 years experience Dentistry
Absolutely, : Absolutely, no questions asked. You are entrusting your dental health to a provider that is new to you. His answers to your questions will make you feel at ease and allow him to work on you without the fear of making you nervous. Once you feel comfortable you will not need to ask so many questions or be nervous.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Jonathan Scharf
49 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
It : It is not only appropriate but essential that you have a clear understanding of what the treatment involves and why you need it! ask all the questions that you need to in order to make yourself feel comfortable.
Answered on Oct 6, 2013
1
Dr. Harry Aronowitz
44 years experience Orthodontics
Yes : Yes it is appropriate. I agree with drs. Davantzis and scharf. If your dentist has a problem with this find another dentist!
Answered on Apr 25, 2015