hip pain, had surgery, still hurts. other problems developing i had a hip injury since 8th grade, and am now a freshman in college. found out what was wrong with it until late in my junior year, and finally had surgery august 10th, 2010, 2 days after my 1

2 doctor answers
Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Slipped : Slipped fem cap epiphysis.
Answered on Jan 7, 2019
Dr. Stephen Christensen
I'm : I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your hip. Given the surgical treatment you've had in the past, it's not surprising you're experiencing some discomfort. Although your MRI didn't reveal any obvious source for your pain, i suspect your hip is far from "normal." joints that have been manipulated like yours are a common source of chronic pain. If you're not taking an anti-inflammatory on a regular basis (e.g., ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib), i suggest you do so. In addition, it would be advisable to return to the physical therapist to address this issue before it escalates. An ongoing program of home exercises is a vital part of your long-term management, too. Don't count on several sessions of pt to permanently fix this problem; you should be performing your own pt every day, whether your hip hurts or not. Ask your orthopedist if there's any need to look elsewhere for the cause of your pain. If he/she feels that your evaluation is complete, request a referral for physical therapy. Good luck!
Answered on Oct 4, 2016