My father was diagnosed with a brain tumor with tenticles in feb 2011. they gave him 5 years to live. he just had an mri. the doctor says the chemo is working well still with the brain cancer, but they found some lumps in his brain. what do lumps in the

Dr. Lauren Stegman
Radiation Oncology 27 years experience
Unfortunately, : Unfortunately, no one on this board can answer your questions as we cannot view the reports or images from your father's MRI scans. It sounds like you need to make another appointment with your father's physician to clarify the results and make sure everyone involved understands the current situation and the plan for going forward.
Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Philip Chao commented
Radiology 38 years experience
Well I would agree your question is not clear. But any masses or lups can be serious. I agree you need to ask your doctor what he or she thinks they mean. And how it affects your fathers continued treatment plan.
May 7, 2013
Dr. Douglas Miller
Pathology 41 years experience
Probably tumor: It is hard to understand your question. If there are new 'lumps' in the brain as seen with mri, these would likely be interpreted as progressive tumor, and one would not suggest the chemotherapy is working well. You need to ask for a detailed explanationfrom the doctors, or perhaps seek second opinions.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016