Is there an age limit for having a revision rhinoplasty? i'm 59, and i'd like to have a revision rhinoplasty. i was never completely happy with the original surgery which i got done 10 years ago. the surgeon wanted a lot of extra money to redo it. is it t

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
There : There isn't an absolute age limit to have rhinoplasty (or revision rhinoplasty). As long as you're healthy you could certainly look into having your nasal concerns addressed with revision surgery.
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
With : With revision rhinoplasty it is ok to wait 10 years. If anything the scar will be more mature and softer, and the correction you are looking for will be easier to define. Whether to proceed will depend on the problem(s) current present in the nose, and if you have any other health issues. Your age and the time that has elapsed since your previous surgery is less critical.
Dr. James Ridgway
Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery
I : I like this question as there is an age limit - just in the opposite direction. Rhinoplasty, if performed at too early of an age (before facial growth is completed) can cause unwanted changes in the developing face. For patients who have undergone rhinoplasty in the past it is recommended that they wait a period of one year for the scar to mature. Simply stated, you are clear on both of these counts and more than able to have the surgery that you wanted originally. I wish you all the best in your journey. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md www.Larrabeecenter.Com.
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
No: If you are healthy then revision rhinoplasty is safe and effective at age 59.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016