Are complications more likely after frequent radiesse injections? i know radiesse is generally safe, but i'm wondering if there can be too much of a good thing? i've had 3 radiesse treatments in my cheeks and one in my nasolabial folds over the past six m

Dr. James Ridgway
Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery
This : This is a very astute question. Yes there are limits - as with all things. Each time an injection is placed there is trauma and scar formation. Radiesse (dermal fillers) is also known to produce collagen deposition (not a huge amount, but some) as is bruising. Collagen is the primary component in scar tissue formation. Over time the ability to evenly infuse filler into the soft tissues will become compromised. I see this in patients who have only been injected for greater than ten years in the same regions. You may wish to make certain that you are not taking anticoagulants prior to you injections so as to decrease you chances of bruising. Many holistic medications have anticoagulant properties. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md www.Larrabeecenter.Com.
Dr. Richard Fleming
Plastic Surgery 51 years experience
Bruising : Bruising is not related to he number of Radiesse (dermal fillers) injections. However, why so many injections? If possible, have more done at each session to avoid the inconvenience of repeated office visits.
Dr. Peter Certo
Dentistry 29 years experience
Any : Any time you put a needle in your body there is a chance for bruising. A bruise is simply blood that has exited the vessel in a superficial area. The #1 side effect with all injectibles is bruising. I am amazed when i give botox, Dysport or dermal fillers and don't get bleeding.
Dr. Richard Fleming
Plastic Surgery 51 years experience
There : There is no evidence that repeated injections of Radiesse (dermal fillers) will make complications more likely. As long as the filler is placed in the proper locations by an experienced individual you should do fine.

Last updated Jan 15, 2019