i had epidural injection in back 6 months ago and would like lipo in my stomach. will it hurt the epidural will the lipo damage the injection

Dr. Jay Joshi
Pain Management 21 years experience
The : The needle and all the medication that was injected has been out of your body for 6 months.
Dr. Mark Kallgren
Pain Management 32 years experience
I : I assume you mean an epidural steroid injection, as opposed to an epidural infusion (i.e. For having a baby or surgery)? Either way, there will be no interaction or issue related to your prior epidural. If you did had the injection for a disc problem, for example, make sure you tell your plastic surgeon and the or staff about this so they can maximize your comfort in the operating room and be extra careful with your back!
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
No: Epidural 6 months ago will have no interaction with liposuction. However your back may be sore from laying flat on the operation table.