Why can't i get juvederm to fill in eye hollows? i like the results i've gotten with juvederm for the lines around my nose and lips. so i wanted to try it to fill in the spaces under my eyes, but my dermatologist says she doesn't like to use fillers for e

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
Fillers : Fillers such as Restylane (dermal fillers) and juvederm can be used to fill in the hollows under the eyes or tear trough. Some injectors aren't comfortable with treating this area mainly related to the thin skin which makes it less forgiving. You should be able to find someone who has experience treating this area with fillers.
Dr. James Ridgway
Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery
The : The question you ask relates to the expertise of the practitioner and the use of the product in a relatively unforgiving area (meaning that you should not have permanent filler placed in this region). The most common side effect is the appearance of a blue hue under the eyes due to the optical scatter of the filler (juvederm). If you have bags under your eyes that create these hollows you may be an excellent candidate for lower eyelid fat transposition or a soof lift. These are additional components of a lower eyelid blepharoplasty. Hopefully this is helpful to you. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Expert area: Eye hollows, also called tear troughs, are a more difficult area to inject. The tissue is thin and unforgiving. Lumps and bumps are more likely. Chances of complications are higher. So, not all injectors treat that area. Seek out someone with significant experience.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Fillers tear trough: While many surgeons use fillers for treating the tear troughs, this is an off label use.

Last updated Jun 7, 2019