my ankle hurts..should i see a doctor? i broke my ankle/leg a year ago and i was supposed to see if i tore any tendons/ligaments..... but my orthopedist never got me an appointment to... my ankle always hurts especially after i exercise... it starts to

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry 42 years experience
I : I agree with dr. Fowler, and suggest you get your ankle checked out. In terms of which type of doctor to see, you have a choice between an orthopedic surgeon and a podiatrist, as this falls into both areas. Why not go back to the doctor who saw you initially last year? He/she has the unique ability to know how your ankle was a year ago, which may be of help in treating it now. Good luck!
Dr. Sourendra Raut
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 18 years experience
See an orthopedist: Chronic ankle pain can be due to a number of things including ligament injury, tendon injury, arthritis, cartilage injury, general ankle weakness. This needs to be investigated further by an orthopedic surgeon, preferably one with foot and ankle subspecialty training.
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Podiatry 24 years experience
Yes see your Dr.: If you are still having ankle pain, then you should have a podiatrist or orthopedist check it out.