My grandson neck are swollen on both sides. no pain, he's 5 years of age, a doctor prescribe antibiotic for him, what is wrong with him?

Hello. : Hello. What ever caused your grandson's infection may have also caused lymph nodes to swell. The lymphatic system drains germs, debris, dead white blood cells, etc from areas of infection. Thus if he had an infection that impacted his throat or another part of his upper respiratory tract, the lymph system will drain it and that can cause individual lymph nodes to become inflammed and swollen. If it is not the lymph nodes and is another type of gland that it swollen, I am not able to determine what it is through this venue.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016