is it possible to lose my big belly with just lifting weights? i i have no ligaments in one knee so i can't do any type of cardio without my knee swelling up and sometimes going out. i've lost inches in my butt and legs and my chest and arms are toned b

2 doctor answers
Dr. Daniel Weiss
45 years experience Endocrinology
Exercise : Exercise alone will not make you lose weight. You need to eat a lot less. More vegetables and less high calorie foods. Exercise can help so you lose less muscle mass but the key to weight loss is cutting your portions and calories. And don't drink calories. Use no calorie drinks. See my website and the link below to learn more.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
26 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Try modified exercis: E such as walking in a pool. Great workout! or swimming should not bother your knee as much but you will be working out and sweating even in the pool. Wear a neoprene knee sleeve if you need a little more stability with swimming.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016