A male asked:

my widom teeth have just came in and it caused crowding. what can a dentist do to fix this. i am only concerned because just 2 of my bottom teeth have become crooked due to the crowding. would a dentist pull my bottom wisom teeth out and somehow allow my

4 doctor answers
Dr. Michael Wollock
29 years experience Dentistry
Burlinton, It : Burlinton, it is a common misconception that your front teeth became crowded due to wisdom tooth eruption. This just is not so. Crowding occurs because teeth's evolutionary tendence to shift forward, as this occurs there should be more room for those next set of teeth (3rd molars) to come in. We just decided to process our food (cook), rather then eat it raw off the deer leg. As a result our teeth don't wear as they had evolved for and we no longer have enough room. Thus oral surgeons came into being in order to remove our wisdom teeth. Ultimately, with or without your wisdom teeth, your front teeth would have crowded. And they will never move back without the help of an orthodontist or a general dentist who does orthodontics. Please don't bother replying if your a creationist, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburbansquare.Com.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Jonathan Scharf
49 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
As : As stated it is a common misconception that wisdom teeth cause crowding. In the same way it would be a misconception to think that removal of your wisdom teeth will allow the teeth to restraighten. A decision about removing your wisdom teeth should be made independent of the crowding issue and then orthodontic treatment can be initiated to straigten your front teeth. And if you do it wear your retainer!
Answered on Apr 5, 2020
Dr. Majid Jamali
26 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Your : Your wisdom teeth will cause gum disease, infections and cavities on the teeth in front of them. Therefore they should be extracted as soon as possible. You might want to consider orthodontics later to straighten your teeth.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Arnold Malerman
53 years experience Orthodontics
Coincidental: Front teeth crowd for many reasons, evolutionary, genetic, environmental, etc. Wisdom teeth contribute at most 10% to anterior crowding! which coincidentally seems to occur about the same time that wisdom teeth erupt. Removing wisdom teeth will not affect anterior crowding in any way. Go see a growth and development expert, make an appointment with a qualified orthodontic specialist.
Answered on Sep 26, 2013