New Salisbury, Indiana

how do i know if implants is right for me. dentist i have no top teeth at all had sinus surgeries. my ent is concern they might go through the sinus cavity. i do have a top plate i hate. i would like a false plate with implants holding it. i am 50 years o

Dr. Gary Nataupsky
General Practice 43 years experience
The : The only way to really know is to go to an experienced, highly regarded implantologist to see if you are a candidate for implants. Although sinuses can pose a problem, there are several reliable procedures that can be performed to address the issue. Also, there are treatments available that avoid the sinuses for people who are wearing dentures and want implants. One really good one is a implant supported over denture. It's a smaller denture that clips onto a bar that is connected to 4 to 6 implants placed in the front. Patients in my practice love it. Good luck.
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry 45 years experience
You : You need to find the right dentist for you, and he will talk to your md and discuss your medical issues. It also seems as if your md needs to be educated as to how implants are placed. We are all concerned that they may go into the sinus. That is why careful diagnosis and planning are needed.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
See a specialist: There are solutions for nearly all situations. Some are quite costly ($40, 000 for one jaw) but can be done. If you have minimal bone on the top, you may be a candidate for zygomatic implants. These do pass through the sinus and end in the cheekbones. 2 or 4 can be placed usually in conjunction with 2 - 4 others. Go to pi dental center to learn more.Good luck.
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
Implants 4 Everyone!: The patient in the photo is one of mine and she is 94 years old. She has upper and lower screw retained implant bridges. She can eat anything and looks great! with careful planning and possibly some additional procedures to create more upper bone for implant support, nearly everyone is an implant candidate! 3d x-ray scans allow precise placement of implants and will let youlive life again! go 4 it.