A male asked:

I was constipated this week. i took a laxative to relieve it, and now my lower right abdomen is feeling pain. what should i do? the constipation was relieved by the laxative. but now my stools have only been small pebbles for the past two days. and the

Hello. : Hello. I am answering this question six days after you wrote in. Constipation can be a source of significant abdominal pain. The small pebble stools are a sign that the stool is too dry. It is essential to hydrate well. - at least 8 - 8 ounce glasses of water per day. If the right abdominal pain continues or becomes severe, it should be checked. The fact that pressure by walking, etc. Increased pain can be significant. The appendix is in the right lower abdominal quadrant. I hope that you are either better by now, or that if the situation became worse, that you were evaluated by a general surgeon.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016