how long do the facilities keep records of an abortion, and what information do they contain do the abortion clinic keep a record of my visit?

Dr. Joy Jackson
Every : Every medical clinic regardless of the type keeps medical records, which means a record of your visit as you stated. Every state has it's own law on how long they are required to keep those records. The average is about 7 years. Regardless these files cannot be shared with anyone that was not directlyinvolved in your care, as they are protected under a certain privacy act. You can contact the clinic for their policy on medical records and privacy information, this should have been given to you at your first visit, check your records.