my eye lid keeps twitching, so i got these new glasses after my old ones broke. they are the same prescription as my old ones. i ran out of contacts and started using my glasses full time now. all of a sudden. after a day. my right eye lid started twitchi

4 doctor answers
Dr. Ferzaad Moosa
31 years experience Ophthalmology
Twitching : Twitching of the eyelid is a common complaint and usually is self limited. Most often it is due to lack of sleep, excessive stimulants such as caffeine, stress and occassionally related to more severe neurological issues. If it does not resolve by itself and is a chronic condition treatment options exist and it would be best to see your eye doctor.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
Dr. William Goldstein
31 years experience Ophthalmology
Most : Most often, twitching is actually caused by stress, lack of sleep or caffeine. Modify these issues and things should get better. But it may take weeks for the twitching to go away. It is not related to changes in glasses, contact lenses etc. More complete info about eye twitching here:.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. Mark Golden
41 years experience Ophthalmology
Twitching : Twitching is most commonly caused by stress. Tear drops may make the eye feel better and take your mind off of the twitiching. If may also be a good time to have the prescription in your glasses checked as if they are off, this could certainly cause stress.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim answered
22 years experience Ophthalmology
The : The twitching of the eye lid is often caused by mental or physical stress, lack of sleep, or excessive caffeine. Wrong eye glass prescription can contribute to physical stress. This is a benign condition that usually resolve on its own in one to two weeks.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016